A TexMex inspired dish made with Pineapple Chili Pepper🌶 Shrub, ground beef, layered with Fritos and shredded cheese! This is elevated comfort food at its FINEST.
Make Frito Pie Party Pokes!
Use single serving Fritos corn chips bags and scoop the heated filling into the bag right on top of the Fritos. Let your guests add their favorite toppings! BOOM! 💥 DONE!
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 2 TBS Pineapple Chili Pepper Shrub by The Urban Farmhouse Co.
• 1 med. onion, diced
• 1 package taco seasoning & water as indicated on package
• 1 TBS chili powder
• 10 oz diced tomatoes
• 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies
• 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives
• 1 ½ C. tomato sauce
• 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
• 1 can (11 oz) Niblets corn, drained
• 1 bag Fritos® corn chips, about 5 ½ cups
• 2 C. Mexican cheese blend shredded
• ¼ C. green onions, chopped (optional)
• Sour cream as garnish (optional)
• Guacamole as garnish (optional)
• Taco sauce as garnish (optional)
1. Brown ground beef and onions, drain fat. Stir in Pineapple Chili Pepper Shrub, taco seasoning, chili powder, and water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, & beans. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups of Frito chips to the bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
4. Spread beef mixture over top and top with remaining cheese.
5. Top with remaining chips and desired toppings. ENJOY!